Materials Accepted for These Cities:
Aurora, Detroit, Gates, Gervais, Hubbard, Idanha, Jefferson, Keizer, Mill City, Mt. Angel, Salem, Scotts Mills, Silverton, Stayton, Turner and Woodburn
To find your city, Recycling Programs available by city CLICK HERE
Curbside Recycling Materials:
Download Curbside Recycle Guide
SEPARATE HOUSEHOLD WASTE INTO ONE OF THE FOUR-CATEGORIES SET THE CONTAINERS AT THE CURB BY 6:00 AM ON COLLECTION DAY AND WE’LL DO THE REST!!
The Blue Cart
EVERY OTHER WEEK (Same Day as Garbage)
ALL MIXED RECYCLING (EXCEPT RED-BASKET ITEMS LISTED BELOW)
These materials must be clean/prepared as usual, and may be mixed together the in the big blue cart:
• Cardboard (Please flatten) - Grayboard (Please flatten)
• Magazines and Catalogues
• Clean Newspaper
• Clean Mixed Paper (Place shredded paper in paper bags)
• Rigid Plastics; #1-7 bottles/jugs, flower pots/trays, buckets up to 5-gal. No spray nozzles/caps or tubes.
• Tin and Aluminum Cans and Foil (Please rinse, remove label, no need to flatten!)
• Aerosol Cans Remove spray-tip/discard. ALL cans must be empty.
• Small Scrap Metal 18-inches or less, less than 10lbs. Hangers, door knobs, small gutter pieces.
• Larger items? Call your garbage hauler direct.
The Small Red or Blue Basket
EVERY OTHER WEEK (Same Day as Garbage)
Special Recyclables in the RED BASKET GOES OUT WITH BLUE-CART FOR BI-WEEKLY COLLECTION
• Glass Bottles and Jars (Separate by color, no broken glass or light bulbs. Please remove lid and rinse, labels are O.K.)
• Used Motor Oil (2-gallon maximum, place in 1-gallon plastic jug with screw on lid.)
• Useable Latex Paint (2-gallon maximum, no leaking/rusted cans.)
• Dry Cell Batteries (Zip-seal in see plastic zipper-lock-style bag)
• Antifreeze Place into see-thru plastic jug with tight fitting cap. Keep motor oil and antifreeze separate.
• Used Cooking Oil: Place cooled used-cooking oil into same container and cap originally purchased, or place into CLEAN see-thru plastic jug with tight fitting cap. 2-gallons per week maximum. DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER RECYCLABLES.
In The Green Cart
EVERY WEEK (Same Day as Garbage in Salem)
(in Keizer; every other week same day as garbage)
MIXED ORGANICS! Do place in the Mixed Organics Cart (used to be yard waste cart)
All Organic Food & Yard Waste – including the following:
Breads/Grains, Coffee/Tea-Filters/Bags, Coffee/Tea-rounds/Leaves, Dairy Products, Egg Shells & Bones, Fruits/Vegetables, Meats/Proteins, Paper-Napkins/Towels, Pizza Boxes (not frozen food boxes), Plants/Flowers, Seafood & Shells, Yard Debris, i.e.: grass/leaves/weeds/twigs/brush/pine-needles. No poison ivy.
Do Not – put in the Mixed Organics Cart:
Animal Waste, Foil, Liquids, Grease/Oils, Metal, Personal Hygiene Products, Plastic Bags – Other Plastic – Styrofoam, Utensils. Sorry, no compostable paper items at this time.
In The Grey Cart
REGULAR, NON-HAZARDOUS, HOUSEHOLD WASTE
Please place lightweight items into sealed bags to prevent blowing (i.e. cold ashes, packing peanuts, etc.)
• Food Waste • Tissues and Hygiene Products • Plastic Films and Wraps • General, Non-Hazardous Waste
THESE MATERIALS REQUIRE SPECIAL HANDLING:
Hot Ashes (Which can damage the cart & truck) - Paints, Chemicals, Pesticides, etc. • Fluorescent Tubes • Fluids (which can leak onto street) • Rock, Cement, Gravel or dirt • State Regulated Medical Waste • State Regulated Hazardous Waste Anything that prevents lids from closing • Items that weigh more than 200 lbs.
The Gray Garbage-Cart and Green Mixed Compostable -Cart will be serviced weekly.
The Blue and Red Recycling Containers will be serviced every other week.
See special calendar – blue weeks for mixed-recycle collection!
At the time carts are delivered, and every year thereafter, you will receive a convenient, color-coded, collection calendar for your refrigerator. Now that’s easy!
This handy calendar will also contain our holiday collection schedule in red!
If you need a service calendar/decal, call your hauler.
WHEN PLACING CARTS/CONTAINERS AT THE CURB PLEASE REMEMBER
TO SPACE THEM ABOUT 4-FT APART FOR OUR AUTOMATED TRUCK’S METAL ARM
CALL US TODAY FOR “EXTRA” HAUL AWAYS!
Mid-Valley Garbage & Recycle Hotline at 503-390-4000